Sunday, September 16, 2012

Amazing Earth, Vermilion Cliff, Arizona

Amazing Earth, Vermilion Cliff, Arizona 

Verimilion Cliffs is truly an amazing place to visit. The geology of this place is formed by uplifting of the land caused by two plates of earth moving at different speeds. Throw erosion into the mix and you get a locations like these where art is created by nature itself.

How was this image created?
This is an old image of mine taken with my good old Canon 5D. At the time, I was NOT familiar with blending techniques and relied on GND filters to tame the dynamic range. I used a 0.6 Soft GND filter to balance the light between the GND and the sky. We had to hike out in the dark over barren rock and no trails (I would not recommend it as it is easy to get lost...I had been to this locations few times and was familiar with the place). It was most amazing day +Varina Patel and I spend out at "The Wave".

No comments:

Post a Comment